One moment please...
Attachments
1605 Hopewell Regional WWTP.pdf 329.1 KB View Download
 

FEEDBACK

1605 Hopewell Regional WWTP
 

Lubrication Engineers of Canada Limited
2200 Bristol Circle, Oakville, Ontario, L6H 5R3
1-800-GO-LUBES (465-8237)
Email Us!

Annual Savings of $56,000

CUSTOMER PROFILE: Hopewell Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant facility is rated for a flow of 50 million gallons per day, although on a normal day, they process 30 million gallons of influent. 15% of the daily flow comes from the residential population of 22,000 people. The remaining 85% comes from the industrial base (50% is Smurfit Stone Paper Mill), Fort Lee Military Installation and Prince George County. They have been in operation since 1978 and an LE customer since 1996.

APPLICATION: Hopewell Regional WWTP uses a surface mixers with 125 HP Lightnin’ gearboxes. The surface mixers run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week stirring influent and return activated sludge.

AREA OF INTEREST: While using a commercial grade gear oil, Hopewell Regional WWTP had to change the oil every six months. They were experiencing foaming, degradation of additives and units were running hot. Maintenance Manager, Bill Tiller, was looking for a gear oil that would last longer and help reduce overheating and wear.

LE SOLUTION: LE Lubrication Consultant, Dave Smith, recommended LE 1605 DUOLEC™ Vari-Purpose Gear Lubricant. LE 1605 is a highperformance gear oil acceptable for use in any industrial gear or bearing application that requires a high thermal stability, extreme pressure lubricant. LE 1605 DUOLEC™ is fortified with a shear stable tackifier to provide adhesion to metal surfaces during use.

CUSTOMER COST SAVINGS: The gearbox in question is one of fourteen in use at Hopewell Regional WWTP. It typically pulled 135 amps. After the conversion to LE 1605, the amperage immediately dropped to 120 amps. At 6 cents per kWh, Bill estimates a $4,000 savings per year on each gearbox. This contributes a $56,000 annual savings. In addition, the units stopped foaming and are running cooler. The oil change interval is approaching three years as opposed to six months. Bill Tiller stated, “We’ve seen significant savings using LE products along with oil sampling and filtration practices.”

OTHER PRODUCTS USED:  • 1251 ALMASOL® High Temperature Lubricant • 1606 DUOLEC™ Vari-Purpose Gear Lubricant • 3751 ALMAGARD® Vari-Purpose Lubricant • 5100 PYROSHIELD® • 6110 MONOLEC® Hydraulic Oil • 6405 MONOLEC® R&O Compressor/Turbine Oil • 6801 & 6804 MULTILEC® Industrial Oil


     

 

 

 

 

 

Tags

Hint:
To add or remove tags from the desired group, simply click on the word. To view other documents with the same tag, press Ctrl-Click